Purchase API Standards & Software
Why API Compass?
One Platform. All of Your Content.
When the workforce in your organization needs access to more than just a few API standards and specifications, choosing to purchase a subscription can save you and your business time and money. If you're looking for the latest technology to bring value to your API subscription, then selecting the API Compass platform is your best option. Contact us today or call us at 1-866-284-0169 and find out how easy it is to obtain a customized subscription to help reduce risk and save your organization time and money.
The API Compass subscription (see screenshot below) gives you organization-wide, 24/7 access to all of the API standards and specifications you need to ensure, safety, compliance and interoperability. With a subscription on API Compass, you are ensured consistent and up-to-date access to the latest API standards that help you deliver reliability, efficiency and peace of mind.
You're too busy to keep manually checking for updates, sifting through paper references, or comparing standards. The API Compass platform means no more tracking and monitoring. One purchase guarantees you always have the most recent standards, plus powerful workflow tools to:
- Add shareable notes to document your institutional knowledge
- Bookmark heavily used standards
- See changes to API Standards via color coding highlights
- Access both the PDF and HTML* versions of API standards
- Access collections of industry specific standards
- Get customized sets of standards
- Use enhanced search features
- Receive automatic notifications of revisions and newer editions of standards
- Access your standards wherever you are
- And much, much more
API Compass puts the API standards that you need at your fingertips, when you need them. Contact us today via our web form or call us at 1-866-284-0169 and find out how easy it is to obtain a customized subscription to help reduce risk and save your organization time and money.
Existing API Compass customers: for technical support, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Some API standards may not be available in HTML
Additional Authorized API Resellers
Information Company KODEKS / Information Network TECHEXPERT (Distribution in Russia)
- Please contact Center of Foreign and International Standards at + 7.812.740.78.96 (phone), via email at email@example.com, or via website
Normdocs (Distribution in Russia)
- Contact Normdocs at +7 812 309 7859 or +7 495 223 4676 (phone), via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via website
- By phone + 91 11 2461 1991 & + 91 11 2463 4222 or via website
U.S. and Canada toll-free: 1-800-699-9277; E-mail: email@example.com
(Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Eastern)
- International customers by phone: +1-734-780-8000 or via website
- Americas: 1-800-854-7179 toll free; +1-303-397-7956 Monday-Friday; Email: CustomerCare@ihs.com
- Europe, Middle East, Africa: +44 (0) 1344 328 300; Monday-Friday, 0800-1800 GMT; Email CustomerCare@ihs.com
- Asia Pacific: +800 10002233 toll free; +604 291 3600 International; Monday-Friday, 0800-1800 GMT+8; SupportAPAC@ihs.com
- By phone: +1-201-986-1131 or via website
API distributes more than 300,000 publications each year. The publications, technical standards, and electronic and online products are designed to help users improve the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of their operations, comply with legislative and regulatory requirements, and safeguard health, ensure safety, and protect the environment.
Below is the 2017 catalog of API publications, which include standards, data products, and software. You may also choose to view the catalog sections by industry segment.
Catalog Sections by Industry Segment
Measurements Chapter 11.1 Volume Correction Factors
Flow-Cal is the only distributor that is licensed by API to develop, market, and support the API MPMS Chapter 11.1 Code (Temperature and Pressure Volume Correction Factors for Generalized Crude Oils, Refined Products, Special Applications, and Lubricating Oils). This information is available in equations relating volume to pressure which contains physical data that has direct application to volumetric measurements of liquid hydrocarbon.
E&P TANKS (API Publication 4697) is a computer-based software designed to use site-specific information to predict emission from petroleum production storage tanks, now compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 as well as Windows 2000/XP/Vista. It estimates flashing, working and standing losses and calculates losses using specific operations for each user's tank. Cited by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), it allows the user to enter specific tank condition information to generate air emission reports.
API Technical Data Book
The API Technical Data Book, co-published and updated annually by the American Petroleum Institute and EPCON International, is the source for the latest, most accurate technical data, methods, and standards on petroleum refining officially sanctioned by the American Petroleum Institute.
SANGEA 4.2 GHG Emissions Estimating System
SANGEA™ is an emissions estimation software tool for the oil and natural gas industry to quantify greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and standardize emissions reporting. It is based on the 2009 API Compendium of Greenhouse Gas Emissions Methodologies for the Oil and Gas Industry and US EPA Mandatory Reporting Rule Subparts C, P, W and Y, including recent updates (RY2015) to US EPA MRR reporting requirements. The software also includes US EPA AP-42 emission factors for criteria pollutants.
API RBI Software
API RP 580 is a Risk-Based Inspection document that identifies the basic elements for developing, implementing, and maintaining an RBI program. API RP 581 documents a quantitative approach to implementing RBI. Its methodology involves a rigorous quantitative assessment of the PoF (Probability of Failure) and the CoF (Consequence of Failure) associated with each equipment item in a particular process unit
The Equity Engineering Group, Inc.’s software is the only API-branded RBI software product that is compliant with API RP (Recommended Practice) 580.